Since I hit my nesting phase not too long ago, I've found myself swinging towards one of two mindsets: planning planning PLANNING, and wishing I had an "OFF" switch to my brain.
The planning has had it's merits, and I'm thankful to have had the energy thus far to carry out most of it. Things like stocking our freezers with prepared meals, starting on some Christmas cookies, washing baby bedding and clothes, and gradually shopping for gifts. Whether my sense of urgency is premature or not, I'm anticipating being even more tired in the next few week.
The part that can quickly take me from the joy of working hard, to the place of worry and fretfulness is when I begin to rely upon my efforts too much and assume my plans are always going to work out the way I've intended. This is nothing new for me really...or confined to pregnancy...but something God's used to show me my tendency towards self-sufficiency over the years.
Am I truly counting on Him to provide for all of my needs?
Am I resting in the good and perfect provision that He HAS given (whether it looks like that to me at the time or not)?
Am I regularly positioning my heart to receive His peace in those seasons when life seems busy and I'm being pulled in many directions?
Am I taking time to sit and be still with Him?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nearly three years ago my "plans" were drastically changed in the matter of moments...my newborn baby girl's life and wellbeing were placed in the hands of strangers while I watched from the sidelines. Yet God's peace was there...and His perfect provision.
I must remind myself to trust only in the Lord as I now plan and wait in expectation for this little boy to arrive.
It's hard not to be anxious for my specialist's appointment next Monday--will he say I'll be induced early? Should I "count on" 3 more weeks or 6?
I must count on the Lord and rest in His timing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In what area of YOUR life are you sensing the need to grow in trusting and resting in Him?
2 comments:
SO timely. thank you! I find myself in the same position-trying to work out the details, plan as well as I can, and came to the realization on Sunday that God might just have other plans!! Am I preparing my heart for whatever his plans may be?! I haven't been, but am certainly praying that God will give me peace to walk whatever path he has.
Okay, I think I need to see a picture of you, girl!!! YOu need to post one on the blog or Skype with me soon!! I miss you!!!
Post a Comment