Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas Books For Children

This is something I've been researching online. (I know, it's alittle late to take full advantage this year, but anywho.)

This is the first that Natalia has really shown interest in the 2 Christmas books I have to date: THE TALE OF THREE TREES by Angela Elwell Hunt, and THE CITY THAT FORGOT ABOUT CHRISTMAS by Mary Warren.

Both of my children love, and I mean LOVE, books and I like the idea of having a special box of books to read during the holiday season.

The other day when I googled "Christian Christmas children's books" I discovered a great blog! It is a treasure-trove of solid reviews on holiday books and much, much more. I will definately go back and read through the reviews they offer on other subjects too.

Check it out here.

What are some of your favorite holiday children's titles?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like The Christmas Miracle of Jonathoan Toomey by Susan Wojciechowski. I really need to get my own copy. Noah really likes The Polar Express.

~Krista K.

Jen said...

What a great resource - thanks for sharing! I just bought The Tale of Three Trees and Little Star this year. We also like The Pine Tree Parable and The Crippled Lamb.

Annette W. said...

http://www.readingtoknow.com/ is another great resource. I love them both!!

I hope to share my top favorite Christmas books next week. We have bunches...some much better than others!

Anonymous said...

Our family also loves the Jonathan Toomey story. I love doing the voices for the three characters. I just read it aloud to Chad and Natalie when we made cookies together. Your kids are a little young yet but One Wintry Night by Ruth Graham is amazing, the illustrations are so beautiful. Another favorite from when the girls were in storytelling club is Button Marie but I can't remember the author. One of the many wonderful things about grandchildren is getting to read so many lovely stories again. Sherry

Annette W. said...

http://livelearnlove226.blogspot.com/2010/12/favorite-childrens-christmas-books.html I finally posted my favorite books...and thought I'd share with you.