Saturday, December 31, 2011

I Have A 6 Year Old!

One of the best birthday gifts I ever received was getting to hold this little girl for the first time the day I turned 29. She was 4 days old, would have her heart surgery 2 days later, and all of the overwhelming emotions of the days since her birth just faded away as I FINALLY held her in my arms.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This morning I got to have breakfast with a few family members on my mom's side, as my cousin Dana, her husband and three little girls were driving through on their way home to Gloucester, MASS. Tonight we'll spend the evening with some friends from church, and likely go to bed before the new year tolls. I don't know about you all, but I'm tired. A good tired, but still tired. :-)

Natalia's birthday was on Wednesday and we had a nice day at home as a family, relaxing and catching up on things after a number of busy days. She chose Mommy's baked macaroni and cheese with salad for dinner and requested a horse on her cake.




It was so much fun seeing her excitement--she could barely contain herself. Two more outfits for the doll she received at Christmas and a copy of the movie we went to see this summer. (It was and is the only one she's seen so far on the big screen and it made quite an impression!)
Natalia you are such a special gift to Daddy and me. You made me a mommy before I had any clue what a treasure that would be. You are strong, inquisitive, and fun-loving, and you seem to have an opinion about everything! I believe that as you continue to grow and mature, your concern for others and determination will be a tremendous blessing.

I love you Sweetpea!

5 comments:

Danielle said...

I can't believe it! 6 years old?!

Another beautiful cake!

Annette W. said...

Wow!! Happy birthday Natalia and Krista!

Zoanna said...

Aww, do you have the book "Now We are Six"? I love the horse cake! Did you free-hand the horse? That fence and the U are so clever ,Krista. Happy birthday to your darling Natalia.

The Olsons said...

Happy Birthday, Natalia AND Krista! Thanks so much for making our breakfast part of your special day. Wish we could have REALLY caught up. Maybe this summer?!?

Briana Almengor said...

I have to say your cakes are quite impressive, girl! Wish you were closer to make my kids' cakes. Are you in demand up there?

And, what a blessing to thank God along with you for Natalia's life. Like you, every bday that comes around for all three of mine is one of the most significant reminders of God's faithfulness and mercy. He has been so good to us, friend!