Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Smarty Pants

Adam: "Wook mom, a constewation in da sky!"
Me: (blink) "Did you just say constellation?"
Adam: "Yeah."
Me: "What is a constellation?"
Adam: (matter-of-factly) "It's a star picture."


I put on Finding Nemo for the kids the other day, and at the opening menu when the brilliantly colored reef appeared, Adam uttered, "Psychedelic!"


Waiting to pick up Natalia from Kindergarten today, Adam was chattering away in the back seat while snacking on some pretzel sticks. When I noticed him taking silly little bites, I asked, "Are you pretending to be an animal?"
Adam: "I'm a dinosaur!"
Me: "Oh really. What do dinosaurs like to eat?"
Adam: "Pwants!"
Me: "You don't eat meat?"
Adam: "No, I'm a herbivore."

The kid is a sponge!

2 comments:

Annette W. said...

We have a bit of a sponge here, too!

Jen said...

Love it! I miss seeing you at Connections, but hopefully will see you at book club on Tuesday?