Thursday, January 1, 2009

Alittle Of This, Alittle Of That


Well, the Pampers have been a HUGE improvement folks! Not a leak since! (Thanks to all who chimed in--one more reason I love blogs!)

Adam is doing really well, and his mommy too. The last two nights he has woken up regularly at 3 and 4 hour intervals instead of 2, and is falling to sleep better afterwards instead of being awake and fussy. This means Daddy is getting more sleep too! Cheers all around!

I feel pretty much back to my normal self aside from the altered sleep schedule of course. What a huge blessing that has been. It's more restful sleep than what I was getting the last 2 months of pregnancy, that's for sure.

Natalia is doing pretty well with having her brother take so much attention from Mommy. She's been real sweet and gentle with him, often rubbing his head and saying, "I like him." And you know how she's been practicing with her baby doll (calling him Baby Adam) since June? Well, ever since we brought her brother home from the hospital, HE is our baby Adam. The doll baby has resumed his original status as just a favorite toy.

We had such a great day yesterday. One of my college roommates, who is a dear friend to both Pete and I, was able to come with her daughter for a short visit before heading home to Virginia. It was so special to spend time with her again. Her daughter and Natalia had a great time playing together in the basement while we visited.


Adam, Julia and Natalia




Natalia, Julia, Carolyn and Adam


Then in the evening we were able to get together with our friends, the Zimmermans. We usually spend New Year's Eve with them and so it was special to be able to do that again. Kaleb and Natalia are at the age now where they can go and play by themselves quite peaceably, which is really nice. They both LOVE Thomas the Steam Engine and all things train, so Natalia was thrilled to be at Kaleb's house to enjoy his company AND his train set. ;o)



Two funny quotes to finish this post. While my sweetpea is surely sweet, this is her spicy side on display.

As Pete was sitting on the couch the other day, he told her not to touch his cell phone which was laying beside him on the ottoman. She quipped, "Relax, I'm just calling your mom."


And as we were driving home last night, she was singing her little heart out and said,
"Mom, I wanna' sing the song Single Boys."
I asked, "Do you mean Jingle Bells?"
"Yeah! Yeah! Jingle Bells!"


OH DEAR. :o\

5 comments:

Lynn said...

Fun post! Caroline hasn't changed a bit! Glad you were able to bring in the New Year with such a hoorah too.

Jean said...

Natalia is a feisty one!! I was at Anthony and Lori's this morning when I first read this post. As a result, Lori plans to return her Huggies and buy Pampers! Thanks for the lesson on diapering baby boys!

Karla said...

Hey you, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! okay, i'm a day late, but hopefully it was still a good one! (And Natalia is 3 already?!?) I wish I could've come along with Carolyn & Julia yesterday (can you believe how big Jules is now?!?!), but hopefully they told you the physical state that I am in this week! (Even Julia couldn't believe how miserable I am!)

So you have a little "squirter" huh? My brother was the same way: I remember that the wallpaper by the changing table got worn out from him! :) LOL!

Hope to see you soon!

Jen said...

So glad to hear the Pampers are working out much better for you! It's also great to hear how you're feeling so well after your delivery - so much easier the second time around, huh?

I totally recognized Carolyn from our college days at Millersville - sounds like you had lots of fun with friends over the past week!

Rebecca said...

I can't believe your sleep is better now than it was during pregnancy! Wow! That's great that he's going longer at night. You're headed in the right direction!