Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Family, Food...and Recycling

It's a strange title I know, but I'll explain.

This past weekend was a busy one, but full of fun and good food. And thankfully my stomach WAS cooperating so that I could prepare some dishes and enjoy them. I'm definately feeling some exhaustion after all of the activity, but can relax a bit today and catch up on my rest.

On Friday we had some friends over. We've been trying to get together every two weeks or so, having dinner together, and then either the ladies or the men get a few hours out-on-the-town while the other halves watch the kiddos. We had a yummy steak dinner, and then can you guess where/how the guys decided to spend their evening? So funny...the hardware store, electronics store, and test-driving minivans! Of course, when Lisa and I had our night we went to The Flower and Craft Warehouse and a coffeeshop. Typical, right? :-) You could tell the hubbies had a good time though and needed that guy time.

Saturday morning Natalia and I headed to a nearby park to meet with my cousin Dana and her daughter. We only get to see this side of my mom's family every year or two, so when we do get together, it's even more precious. The weather was gorgeous and we got to catch up as the girls played. (We would get to spend more time with the rest of the family on Sunday.)

After church and naps, all of my Mom's side of the family were getting together on Sunday for a picnic at my aunt and uncle's house. All but 4 of the 35 of us were there! I took a picture of Great Grandpa and Nana Ruth with all 7 (8 counting our "kumquat") great-grandkids, but it didn't turn out very well and I can't load pictures on this computer until Pete fixes it. We had a great time. Again, I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful family that thoroughly enjoys spending time together.

Then yesterday evening we got to spend the evening with Pete's dad Jurek (George), his wife Malgosia (Margaret), and Pete's brother Wojtek. Tek is leaving soon for a job in Belgium so it's been really nice to see him a bit more these last few weeks. We had a delicious meal as always, and Natalia was the life of the party. :-)

So this morning I'm in recovery mode and taking it easy. The most strenuous thing so far has been trying to explain to Natalia why we recycle our cardboard. LOL Many a puzzled look, I can assure you. Her main concern--"where are the Mint Klondike bars that belong to this packaging?" A valid concern, don't ya think?

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Such a fun weekend, full of family and friends. If Natalia finds those mint Klondike bars....send one my way, yum!

Karla said...

Tek is going to Belgium?!?

Remember New Year's Eve 1999 in Baltimore? :)

Memories.........

Glad you had a great weekend!